Tuesday, May 23, 2006

As Time Goes By

Some of my earliest pictures in Nashville are with Papaw (my grandfather), who often held close his grandchildren. Those memories are timeless, and his presence is still felt today; even after passing away 4 years ago. 25 years later, here in his house, his son Larry (my father) holds my son Owen. What can I say? I'm a happy man.


My cousins and I used to play with Memaw's (my grandmother) dolls and toys. On the left, my daughter Lucy is pictured with Aubrey, my older brother's daughter. As a parent, you always want your kids to have a great childhood. My brother Dave and I still joke about road trips to Nashville and how much we miss those days.

2 brothers and a couch. Looking at nephews Jacob and Zach, I recall sleeping in the den and sharing a sleeper sofa with my brother. We fondly remember the quirks of that old den: the bed's steel rod that put a crick in your back and Memaw's collection of clocks that occasionally awoke our slumber. Jacob and Zach, find a couch to share.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

thank you for reminiscing! it's hard to believe that those fond memories of childhood are now becoming experiences - and one day fond memories - for your own kids.