One thing that has helped us through all this transition we've had the past two months is music. I think our playlist is interesting and so I thought I would share the essentials on here or at least document it for us to look back on.
1. Little Fire - Patty Griffin: Amazing song and a great one for getting through a tough time. A good friend song.
2. What Can I Say - Carrie Underwood and Sons of Sylvia: It's a pretty song and Lucy and I can (sort of) bust it out in the car.
3. Need You Now - Lady Antebellum: I really like this group and hadn't really heard of them until we drove down Music Row in Nashville.
4. Run This Town - Jay-Z/Drop it Like it's Hot - Snoop Dogg: Fact. All rap sounds better in a minivan.
5. Hometown Glory - Adele: Lovin' my hometown right now.
6. The Story - Brandi Carlile: It reminds me that all the junkie stuff we go through is what makes us who we are (hopefully better).
7. Fleet of Hope - Indigo Girls: Probably my favorite song by them ever. That's saying a lot.
8. Case of You - Joni Mitchell: I never get sick of this song.
9. Paparazzi - Lady Gaga: This reminds me that no matter how tough my day is, a celebrity's is probably worse. :)
10. Party in the U.S.A. - Miley Cyrus: This song actually helps Lucy right now with feeling out of place and having a 'tummy ache' all the time. I never saw that coming.
11. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift: The amount of joy it brings Lucy to sing this song makes it worth hearing over and over.
12. Is This Love - Thomas Anderson: It's the theme song to season one of Army Wives. So now it's our military love song.
13. Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend: You can't help but dance to it.
14. Into the Mystic - Van Morrison: This is one of our favorites. Reminds us of the beach in Bandon. I guess it's 'our' song.
15. You are the Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne: Love him.
16. California - Rufus Wainwright: Mostly because it has a shout out to Bea Arthur. And it reminds me of my Golden Girls.
17. Heavenly Day - Patty Griffin: I can listen to it over and over again. It reminds me of Mandy and the hope we all have for Tatum being healed. I also like it for the reminder to put my hope in that Heavenly Day instead of our days here on earth.
3 comments:
For some reason I just found your blog again. Love the song list! And you might be surprised to find that I have never even HEARD this Indigo Girls song. Downloading immediately...or when I get home.
I also love Party In The USA and have it on my iPod. Because here's the thing; there IS a party in the USA.
Roni
I have done my good deed for the day if you are downloading that song after reading this post.
"Because here's the thing;" - Love it. You are correct!
I love you. You make me happy.
Post a Comment