Recreationally speaking, we could not have asked for a better location. We are next to the stables and just minutes away from the marina and beach. I think I may end up taking sailing lessons while we are here. I've always wanted to learn that lingo. There is also a lake here on the base that offers camping, fishing, paddle boats, miniature golf, etc. We could be fully entertained here so it's just a bonus that we are less than an hour away from some other pretty amazing places that usually end in 'world' or 'land'.
Kevin's office is down by the beach. He's working with the 3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion. It sounds like an exciting group to work with (they have the fun tanks that go in the water). The other bonus with this assignment is that it doesn't look like he'll be deployed very soon. Once he gets in the swing of things next week, Kevin will have to get on here and explain his job. It's pretty interesting so far and he hasn't even started. As for me, I have my own training this weekend. I have much to learn for sure. I probably need to work on my military lingo before my sailing lingo. I can't get away with using terms like 'fun tanks' for very much longer.
7 comments:
Glad everything has worked out so good! Hope your stuff gets there soon!
Your house is so cute! I'm having pangs of jealousy right now.
Can't wait to see pics of the inside of the house.
Oh, and are fun tanks anything like fun bags?
~~ Roni
Love it -- the house, the beach, all of it. Can't wait to see the inside pics.
Girl, you lived in Abilene for how many years? I don't think a "rattlesnake problem" should, er, rattle you.
Cute house...love the beach...miss that Lucy (the rest of you too ;). HAPPY for you!!! Have fun unpacking your junk.
I am so glad you guys are doing well! What a fun place to live - you love going to the beach all summer!!
I miss you and I want to go sailing with you. :) Your house looks great and it sounds like you are settling into a beautiful new place. I'm so happy for yall! I just miss you and want to be sitting around laughing with you today. I hope you don't run across any rattlesnakes or buried metal objects...but I do hope you run across some great new neighbors like Beej on Sayles. Love you so much! And please throw in "fun tanks" anytime...loved that...and someone already threw in a "fun bags" line, so I guess I won't....
Post a Comment