
During this trip we were able to see a lot of extended family. My Uncle Jim and Aunt Linda stopped by on their vacation for a couple of days. Lucy started out pretty nervous of Uncle Jim but after 30 minutes at a park they were old friends. We had a good time playing cards and hearing about dad's childhood a little bit.

We only got to spend a little time with my Aunt Nancy, Uncle Jon and Mike. They were pretty busy working and going to school. Michael is really good with Lucy he had her dressed up in hiking gear and she was loving their backpacks.
My grandparents came to Brandon's graduation and we had a really good weekend. They were a big hit with Ali-Ca's kids. Or I probably should say that it was more the other way around. They talked a lot about how cute our kids were together. Let's face it, they are right. If I thought that Ali-Ca and could get in a lot of trouble, I am scared of what our adorable children could do.
My Aunt Evie came from Louisiana to see us in Oklahoma and to drive us back to Abilene. We flew with my dad to Tulsa so I could meet his Mom's brother and sister in Okmulgee, OK. It was really neat to hear stories about my grandma ( I never met her) and to see my great grandma's house. I also discovered that my kids may become great sleepers if we could get a temper-pedic bed like my great aunt's. They slept like angels.
I guess this was a good trip for getting to my roots. I didn't know so much about my dad's mom. She died when he was in 7th grade and he really didn't know a lot either so it was really neat to hear stories and just to get some ideas of what she was like and what my dad's childhood was like. I think that once you have kids family history becomes a little more important because you want to pass it on. It is really good to know where you have come from. Right now I live 70 miles from where my mom grew up. So, I am getting a little taste of what life was like for her down here and seeing some of the places they lived and worked. Very interesting stuff.....maybe just to me.
1 comment:
I think Owen looks especially cute in that yellow sleeper...Liam had one just like it...it reminds me of him!
Post a Comment