Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Freedom

This will not be nearly as profound as what the title might lead you to believe. Last night we bought a second car. That means that today is my first day (in five years) of vehicle freedom. Sure, I've had the occasional day here and there but it usually came with me having to get everyone up at the crack of dawn to drive Kevin to work. Today I can do what I want and when I want to do it. It doesn't have to depend on when I have to pick him up or cost me an extra $20 each time.*

Another way that this counts as vehicle freedom is that we own two cars with no car payments. I never really thought that was possible and somehow we pulled it off. It's a good feeling and we'll give Dave Ramsey some props for that one.

Now, we'll see how long it takes for Kevin to get the Tinkerbell decal off the back window. I wish I could be there this morning when he pulls in to the parking lot with all the Marines heading into the gym.






*Most of that money went to Chik-Fil-A so it was totally worth it.

2 comments:

Mauri said...

FREEEEEEEEDOMMMMMM! Said in my best bravehart voice. Lovin the idea of Kevin showing up to work out with marines with a tinkerbell sticker on his car. PRICELESS.

Jenny Wilkinson said...

See, now I say it in more of the George Michael style. Which reminds me, I should put a Wham CD in Kevin's car to go with his theme.